Day 1 - San Sebastián – Bilbao – Villasana de Mena
Rendezvous at 12:00 in San Sebastian.
Passengers reception, welcome and lunch in San Sebastián, a city of elegant beauty and home to major cultural events. Tour of the town after lunch and transfer by coach to Bilbao, where El Transcantábrico is waiting.
Reception and settling in on the train. Train trip to Villasana de Mena while enjoying our first dinner. Overnight in Villasana de Mena/Mercadillo.
Day 2 - Villasana de Mena – Bilbao – Santander
We travel to Bilbao while enjoying breakfast on the train. City tour, which includes the ticket to the famous Guggenheim Museum. At the end of the morning we will settle off to Santander while having lunch on the train. Free time and panoramic visit of the elegant capital of Cantabria. Those who wish, may visit the Casino after dinner. Overnight in Santander.
Day 3 - Santander – Potes – Cabezón de la Sal
Train trip to Unquera station from which we will travel by coach through the gorge of La Hermida until we reach the Shrine of Santo Toribio de Liébana and later Potes, known as the town of bridges and towers. Lunch and free afternoon before returning to the train. Dinner and overnight in Cabezón de la Sal.
Day 4 - Cabezón de la Sal – Santillana del Mar – Arriondas
The day begins with the visit of Altamira Neocave, the greatest exponent of Upper Palaeolithic cave art. Later we visit Santillana del Mar with its beautifully preserved medieval old town. Train trip to the fishing village of Ribadesella, in Asturias. Free time to visit the town before we move on to Arriondas. Dinner and overnight in Arriondas.
Day 5 - Arriondas – Oviedo – Candás
From Arriondas we will drive up to the Picos de Europa National Park to visit the Shrine of Covadonga. Before coming back to the train, it is planned to continue to Enol Lake and pass by Cangas de Onís in our way back, the first medieval capital of the Kingdom of Asturias. Trip to Oviedo, monumental and historic capital of the Principality of Asturias. Free afternoon with the optional visit of the city. Dinner on board and overnight in Candás.
Day 6 - Candás – Avilés – Gijón – Luarca
The day begins with the visit of Avilés, the ancient city that has preserved its valuable historic old town. Then we go to Gijón, a city that is as open to the Cantabrian Sea as it is full of cultural events. Visit and lunch before keeping on the journey to Luarca, a valuable seaside town embedded in a stunning landscape. Free afternoon. Dinner and overnight in Luarca.
Day 7 - Luarca – Ribadeo – Viveiro
We travel through the western Asturias to Ribadeo, the first Galician town where the train runs into. We will go by coach to the Las Catedrales Beach, one of the most spectacular beaches in the world when the sea is at low tide. Back to Ribadeo for lunch and train trip in the afternoon to the historic town of Viveiro. Dinner and overnight in Viveiro.
Day 8 - Viveiro – Santiago de Compostela
The train will take us from Viveiro to Ferrol while enjoying our last breakfast on board. By coach we will reach the final destination of our journey, Santiago de Compostela, destination of pilgrims for a millennium, and a city full of artistic jewels. End of trip after the tour in Santiago de Compostela.
The trip in El Transcantábrico includes an extensive brochure of services and activities to make our customers enjoy an experience as unique as unforgettable.
In Junior Suite:
• Accommodation in Junior Suite compartment on the train.
• The most select gastronomy in dinners and lunches on board or at top restaurants.
• Breakfasts à la carte or buffet products.
• Gala dinner on board.
• Life music and entertainments in the pub coach.
• Activities on board: cocktails, show cooking, dancing, etc.
• Programmed excursions with tickets to museums and monuments.
• Luxury coach accompanying the train all the way.
• Daily newspapers and magazines.
• Security service.
• Multilingual guide throughout the tour.
• An excellent team at your disposal.
In Deluxe Suite:
Everything included in the Junior Suite plus:
• Accommodation in Gran Lujo Suite on the train.
• Option of enjoying two private dinners/lunches in your compartment.
• All non-alcoholic beverages requested at any time throughout the trip.
• Two included transfers in Renfe trains: one to take you to the starting point of the tour and another one to take you back from the end point of the tour.
• Possibility of the crew to pick up and tidy your baggage, placing your belongings in the wardrobe of the suite, both on arrival and at the end of the trip.
Please inquire for a custom quote. The price is customized based on final hotel choices, travel dates, and other custom preferences.
Lütfen size özel teklif için istekte bulunun. Nihai fiyat; otel seçenekleri, seyahat tarihleri, ve diğer özel tercihlerine göre belirlenmektedir.
Por favor, pregunte para un presupuesto personalizado. El precio es personalizado basado en opciones finales de hoteles, fechas de viaje, y otras preferencias personalizadas.
© 2016 DESTINATION by ANA GULDEN DBA GULDEN TOUR